The PG Plaza Day Center (currently) is open from 1-4 pm on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Starting November 2, the Day Center will expand the hours to 1-5 pm on Tuesdays and Thursdays, serving hot meals and welcoming guests inside for a hot meal, shower and laundry services, Wi-Fi connections and social services support. Masks and social distancing encouraged.
(6800 Adelphi Rd, Hyattsville)
Open Thanksgiving Day (Nov 25), 1-5 pm, serving a hot meal.
December 6 – Fundraiser at Franklin’s Restaurant and General Store, in Hyattsville. All day. Be sure to mention C.U.C.E. or the Day Center so that 20% of proceeds go to the Day Center.
December 14, 2021- CUCE Board Meeting, 10:00 am via Zoom. Day Center review and planning. All Welcome. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information and link to join the meeting.
A non-profit organization serving the homeless and those in economic need in Prince George’s County Hyattsville area.
PG Plaza Day Center for the homeless, near homeless, low-income and those in economic need. Open every Tuesday and Thursday from 1-5 pm. Guests and Volunteers welcome. Located in the Rt 1/Hyattsville corridor of PG County, the Day Center provides a place to come out of the cold (or heat), food, safety and security in a welcoming environment.
Day Center Street Address: 6800 Adelphi Rd, Hyattsville, MD 20784.
Day Center Site: http://www.congregationsunited.org/daycenter
- Providing information for housing, food and other social services available in PG County.
- Opportunities for volunteer involvement in your local community.
- Opportunities for those who have overcome homeless to give back and help others.
- County Resource: PG County Database of Support Services as a community resource for all. Search by zip code and resource needs. https://mypgservices.com
Share in this community of those helping the homeless and vulnerable in our area.
Contact us at: email@example.com
Consider supporting the homeless program with your volunteer time and your financial gifts. As churches, community centers and public facilities are closing due to COVID-19 precautions, your donations are even more important to ensure continued support to this vulnerable group of people in our community.
Send Checks – CUCE/Day Center notation – to:
CUCE Administrative Office
c/o University Christian Church
6800 Adelphi Rd.
Hyattsville, MD 20782
- Contact us at: daycenterCUCE@gmail.com
- Designate Congregations United for Compassion and Empowerment as your charitable organization – by shopping at smile.amazon. com
Faces of Homelessness – Video presentation.