1) EXPUNGEMENT FAIR. Saturday, Nov 3, 10:00 am – 2:00 pm, sponsored through the Transforming Neighborhoods Initiative. FREE
Location: PG County Wayne K. Curry Sports and learning Complex, 8001 sheriff Road, Landover, MD 20785.
Contact Tawanna Watkins (301-952-4690) firstname.lastname@example.org or Brandon Starkes (301-952-4205) email@example.com
Pre-registration suggestion but not required: http://bit.ly/pgcexpungementfair
- Expungement services are for State of Maryland charges only
- Bring a paper printout of your charges
- Free transportation provided (contact Tawanna or Brandon)
- Consult with an attorney on site for free
- Get access to employment, medical, housing assistance and more
2) HOMELESSNESS Fundraiser, Tuesday, Dec 4, 11:00 am – 10:00 pm. Franklins Restaurant, 5123 Baltimore Ave, Hyattsville
Visit Franklins for lunch, dinner, or browse the gift store. 20% of all sales on Dec 4 (excluding alcohol purchases) go to the PG Plaza Day Center program in support of homelessness in PG County.
3) THANKSGIVING Meal served on Thursday, November 22, from 1-4 pm. Location: PG Plaza Day Center at the University Community Church, 6800 Adelphi Road, Hyattsville. FREE. ALL ARE WELCOME.
4) CHRISTMAS DAY and NEW YEAR’S DAY: Meal served on both days, December 25 and January 1, from 1-4 pm. Location: PG Plaza Day Center at the University Community Church, 6800 Adelphi Road, Hyattsville. FREE. ALL ARE WELCOME.
The PG PLAZA DAY CENTER is a day time shelter for homeless and those in economic need. The Day Center offers a welcoming, compassionate, safe environment. It is open every Tuesdays and Thursdays from 1PM-6PM.
Services Provided: Food served from 2-6 pm each Tuesday and Thursday; laundry and shower facilities, toiletries, socks/t-shirts/underwear, counseling, social services support, some legal services, and spiritual support.
The Day Center opened in 2016. It is sponsored via Churches United for Compassion and Empowerment (CUCE) and hosted/located at the University Christian Church, 6800 Adelphi Rd. in Hyattsville.
Visit the Day Center any Tuesday or Thursday. Contact Donny Phillips at 301-922-7054 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Contact Congregations United at: daycenterCUCE@gmail.com
HOW YOU CAN HELP:
If you represent a local congregation that would like to help out by making donations (items or monetary gifts), meal set up, or providing volunteers, contact us and please fill out this quick Survey
Or if you are an individual who would like to volunteer to help on Tuesdays or Thursdays, please contact us, stop by the Day Center, and take a moment to fill out our Volunteer Form
Do you have gifts you are willing to share with the homeless and vulnerable in our area? PG Plaza Day Center needs your talent and experience to share ideas for growth and development of services and programs. Do you have any of these skills or talents?
♦Legal Expertise for Expungement Cases ♦Accounting ♦Marketing Skills ♦Fundraising Experience ♦Long Range Planning ♦Access to Foundations, Corporate or Individual Philanthropists ♦Media Contacts
NEW: SMART RECOVERY: Addiction recovery, a self-help discussion group, is provided every Tuesday from 3-4 pm at the PG Plaza Day Center for homeless and those in need (6800 Adelphi Road, Hyattsville). The program – Self Management and Recovery Training (SMART) – is open to all with no pre-registration required. The program offers a mutual self-help approach for group discussion of addiction and recovery. The format is free-flowing, starting with introductions of participants and what each would like to say about how their week went. The intent is to lead to discussion, show mutual respect, and share addiction struggles and strategies for recovery. The group is facilitated each week by Donny Phillips and Jamie Brill, from Community Crisis Services (http://www.communitycrisis.org/)
SMART Recovery program location is in Hyattsville, MD, 6800 Adelphi Road, co-located with the PG Plaza Day Center, University Community Church. The Day Center is open from 1 – 6 pm each Tuesday and Thursday. Food, laundry and shower facilities, mental health support, counseling and other support services provided.