March 14, 2023: CUCE Planning Meeting, 10:00 am at University Baptist Church on Campus Drive. Purpose: Day Center review and planning. All are welcome.
The PG Plaza Day Center is open from 12:30 pm – 4:30 pm on Tuesdays and Thursdays, welcoming guests inside for a hot meal, shower and laundry services, Wi-Fi connection and social services support. Social distancing encouraged. (Location: 6800 Adelphi Rd, Hyattsville – hosted by University Christian Church.)
C.U. C. E. – Congregations United for Compassion and Empowerment
A non-profit organization serving the homeless and those in economic need in Prince George’s County Hyattsville area.
PG Plaza Day Center for the homeless, near homeless, low-income and those in economic need. Open every Tuesday and Thursday from 1-5 pm. Guests and Volunteers welcome. Located in the Rt 1/Hyattsville corridor of PG County, the Day Center provides a place to come out of the cold (or heat), food, safety and security in a welcoming environment.
Day Center Street Address: 6800 Adelphi Rd, Hyattsville, MD 20784.
Day Center Site: http://www.congregationsunited.org/daycenter
- Providing information for housing, food and other social services available in PG County.
- Opportunities for volunteer involvement in your local community.
- Opportunities for those who have overcome homeless to give back and help others.
- County Resource: PG County Database of Support Services as a community resource for all. Search by zip code and resource needs. https://mypgservices.com
Share in this community of those helping the homeless and vulnerable in our area.
Contact us at: email@example.com
Consider supporting the homeless program with your volunteer time and your financial gifts. As churches, community centers and public facilities are closing due to COVID-19 precautions, your donations are even more important to ensure continued support to this vulnerable group of people in our community.
Send Checks w/notation for CUCE/Day Center to:
- Contact the program via email at: daycenterCUCE@gmail.com
Faces of Homelessness – Video presentation.